VEGETARIAN BANH MI, makes about 4 servings, adapted from The Fresh Direction and White on Rice Couple
- 1 package firm tofu, sliced to desired size
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs agave
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp agave
- Baguette, sliced sub-style
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- Mix the tofu marinade ingredients and coat the tofu slices with the mixture, letting them sit for half an hour.
- Combine the coleslaw ingredients and let the mixture sit in the fridge for half an hour.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade and place the slices in a baking dish. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Spread aoili and sriracha on the baguette, then drizzle the tofu marinade over the bread.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!
What are your favorite banh mi toppings? I'd love to try some more combinations!